BOOTY CALL FROM MR. FLIGHT ATTENDANT

I heard a lot of negative feedback from other members of Couchsurfing based on their experiences. It was all about someone taking advantage of the other person. Or harassment physically and sexually. Or being plainly abusive I can empathize with them and I always think it must feel really bad if I am on their shoes.

Until last night, I had a small talk with Mr. Flight Attendant from airline-that-he-didn't-mentioned. He sent me a message saying that he is in Dubai and on a layover. And that if I am free we can have some coffee out or hang out. I said we can do that and I can meet him for a few minutes and that I live in point X and that I have work until 10pm. He said that's so late and we can just grab something and drink something in HIS room and that I can stay there if I want to.

I said no and if he want to meet, we need to meet outside. All of a sudden, he went defensive. He said why can't you meet me at my room? Do you think I would like to have sex with you? (Sex or murder yes! It's a possibility duh!) I am still being kind to him and said, it's for safety and that I don't know him and I don't go into a guy's room especially when it's the first time to meet and to answer his question, no, it's not all about sex.

He said, maybe I should protect myself from you because I don't know you??!

WTF. He started it first. So I said, then why are you inviting girls inside your room? He's weird!

Anyway, I just said that I think I am not the perfect company which he's looking for (and I am still kind) and in case he want to meet, just let me know.

Can you imagine what he said in return?

"I found other one she's coming at 9pm"

It's not the end of the conversation, he said good luck for me in Couchsurfing and that he hope I find trustable (yeah he said that word, sorry for being a grammar/spelling nazi) person and that it's not his fault that other guys do something bad to girls. He said I can also check out his references from a lot of girls which he hosted in his house.

That moment I had enough. Let's talk about the way he handle bragging rights! I don't want to shame a person especially online but I posted this picture to show that I just want you to see how many friends and references that he had here but his account is not verified.


After my encounter with Mr. Flight Attendant, I realized that I should not depend on references and friends anymore. I am already disappointed of the stories of my friends let alone knowing a person who uses the site to satisfy his booty needs. Or I must say his dick. Clearly it is a booty call to me. If you think it is not a booty call then please elaborate it to me.

Couchsurfing is for people who's looking for fellow travelers and hosts or vice versa. It is not the same as Tinder (I believe the common purpose of Tinder is for booty call - or that's what I heard).


I haven't hosted yet but I am a proud member of Couchsurfing and that I am grateful to all the wonderful people I've met thru this. I will meet some more and will surf at others' couches and go to events. As a wishful thinking, I hope the negative/bad stories like these will soon come to an end. Happy traveling everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...