SNIPPET OF AN OVER-THINKER'S MOMENT

I know I am a certified over-thinker. I think too much. When I am feeling down, I saw this as my weakest point of my personality, and when I am not feeling down, I just laugh at it.
 There are days, that I will read posts about traits of over thinkers, and here's one phrase that I liked. 
"We can’t let things go easily. We’re convinced that if we run over the details of a few more times, it will somehow change the outcome and we will uncover some new understanding of the situation." - 14 Things Only Over Thinkers Will Understand  

To give you an idea, I would like to share something about what happened just a few hours ago.

I was talking to Mr. Lad from the Land Down Under about his perception about himself (non-verbatim). I said trust me you're like this. And he said, trust you? You saw me and was that a request of something? I snap out all of a sudden because I was being honest and his question (about request of something) was a little out of the conversation and inappropriate for me. It is inappropriate because I am talking about my feelings! Can you believe it? I am being vulnerable my goodness! This is scary! Okay back to the topic.....

Anyway, so we exchanged lines and lines to smooth it out and he's telling me that it is just a joke. I am sorry that I didn't took it as a joke but I was hurt. I told him what I felt and said sorry. He said sorry too. But I can't forget the line: "Rochelle, it's just a joke".

The over thinker side of me was alive and kicking from the moment he said he gotta go. In my mind, I am trying to balance it with work concerns and his concern. I was thinking of what he's thinking. And here's a few thought I am thinking right now:

1) Shit. He might get turned off of me because I can't take a joke.
2) Maybe he will reach his limit when it comes to dealing with my shit! We just had a small dilemma yesterday and we ended up bad again today.
3) Will he talk to me tomorrow?
4) Is he mad? Upset?
5) It's my fault of not taking the joke right?
6) But I have my right to feel anything too right?  Like being hurt?
7) I cannot undo this stupidity anymore.
8) Is it possible that he doesn't like me anymore?
9) Are we going to talk about it some other time? Or are we just going to shrug it off?
10) Do all of these stuff sounds as DRAMA? Oh no. NO WAY! I AM DOOMED. IT'S THE END!!!!!!!!!!

*cries*
No I am not crying right now (fyi) but maybe later. Lol!

So, yeah, that's one hell of example of the thoughts of an over thinker. I am not sure if others feel the same way, but the last time I checked, others think like that as well. I cannot say I am proud to be one, but I can say that that trait makes me a unique person (purely in my opinion).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...