JOURNEY TO FINANCIAL FREEDOM: Investing Wisdom

A year ago, I wrote an article sharing the good news that I was able to eliminate all the debts that we incurred when my father died. However, it is not enough to be debt free. But, it shows a good sign! A sign that we already took the first step to be financially free.

And in order for us to move forward, we need to do some follow up steps. Please take note that I am not a financial advisor nor financially free yet. I just want to share with you the next few steps that I took for me to reach that freedom. And the next one is by INVESTING WISDOM.

Investing Wisdom means studying, educating and learning. No more sugarcoat needed. You have to study what you are about to do. You have to educate yourself with all the terms and procedures of the investment instruments you are about to take. You have to learn also that your life is about to change.

From my experience, since I love reading books, I started to read simple and practical books (I mean easy to understand) which will help me remove my 'poor mindset'. This poor mindset is an attitude of mine thinking that I won't be rich nor I can't afford that, etc. And in order for me to grow and truly be rich, I need to change that thinking first!

Take a look of the (some) books I have read which helped me a lot:

1) My Maid Invests in the Stock Market - Bo Sanchez
"In this inspiring yet highly practical book, you’ll read the fascinating story of how he helped three of his house helpers invest in the stock market and build their retirement fund. He’ll tell you how he taught them the 5-envelope system. He’ll explain how he painted a clear vision of their future in their minds. In this book, you’ll learn his “4 Rules to Making Millions Thru the Stock Market”. - Goodreads

For free copy of this book (available as e-book) click here!

2) Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
"Robert developed (and shared) his unique economic perspective from two very different influences - his two fathers. One father (Robert's real father) was a highly educated man but fiscally poor. The other father was the father of Robert's best friend - that Dad was an eighth-grade drop-out who became a self-made multi-millionaire. The lifelong monetary problems experienced by his poor dad pounded home the counterpoint communicated by his rich dad. Taking that message to heart, Kiyosaki was able to retire at 47." - Goodreads

3) 8 Secrets of the Truly Rich - Bo Sanchez
"The book is a manual on how to create material wealth and gain spiritual abundance at the same time. It hopes to raise a new breed of millionaires who are simple, loving and generous." - Goodreads

4) Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin - Eduardo O. Roberto Jr
"If you need a guide on how to best manage your money, get this easy-to-read and practical book for yourself and your family—even your friends who are struggling or always borrowing money!" - Goodreads

5) Stock Smarts: Stock Investing Made Easy - Marvin Germo
"The heart of Stock Smarts is to break it down to its simplest form and inspire employees, professionals and business people to participate and make money in the market.This book is to encourage every Filipino to profit from stocks and forge their way to financial freedom." - Goodreads

There are more books about wealth and financial literacy. But for most of you who doesn't like books that much, try with these simple books or try listening to podcasts/tutorial available in the Internet.

Do you have any other suggestions? Feel free to share it with me at the comment section! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...