WALLS: STANDING TALL AND STRONG

I just finished reading 'The Heir' last night. I can't make a good review out of it since I don't have much time to do so. However, to make a summary out of it, I can say that I am torn between loving it and hating it.

Eadlyn Schreave is bratty and selfish. She knows what she wants in life. She's a total bitch and a pain in the ass of the Selected guys. The book is not the best of the series but what kept me going is her point of view in life. She knows what she wants, yes. A true queen on her own.


But what made me love her is that she's confused as ever when it comes to her feelings. (Smart girls tend to be dumb when it comes to her rationale about relationships. I think Science can prove that.)
She's keeping people at bay but she knows she's thirsty for some affection. She knows she's powerful but she's afraid that these guys will hurt her and became powerless once they get to open her heart.

Eadlyn and I has something in common. And it is to guard our heart. Not to let our defenses down. Not yet..

I saw in one article and I quote:
"What happens if  we've been neglected when we our little? Did your parents use to leave you alone frequently when you were little?  Or maybe they were there physically, but emotionally unavailable, always too stressed by their own issues? When coming from a neglectful family, as adults, we may have the tendency to cling to our friends, afraid that they will leave us. The opposite can happen too: deep down inside, we "know" that the persons w need most in our life will abandon us or the relationships we cherish the most will end at some point - which makes us terrified of letting our guard down and letting others in." 
I used to believe this is true for myself. That this happens to those who grew up with neglectful parents, until I read The Heir. I didn't envisioned America and Maxon neglected Eadlyn when she's still a child but I can see that she's afraid like hell when Ahren left her for Camille.

I realized that there might be more reasons as to why people don't let their guard down. Everyone have their own reasons. We can't blame people for doing so. You can't blame me either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...