CLOSING ONE CHAPTER OF MY LIFE IN GHALIYAH TRAVEL

Last Monday night, I was caught using Facebook (not literally but since I'm very honest, I told them that I was checking someone's message in Facebook) and that lead to salary deduction of 500 AED plus I will be transferred to another office.

Yes, you read it right, I will be moving to another office starting on Saturday.

I spent my whole weekend sulking, and sleeping, and stress eating and thinking.

I was upset at myself for these reasons:
1) I was not able to learn my lessons when others got their salary deducted from using Facebook.
2) I was too consumed from reading messages that I was not able to hide it (if I was careful it won't lead to something like this)

I was upset at my company for these reasons:
1) I already hit the targets for the day let alone my monthly target which I am proud to say that I hit 200% of it.
2) It was 9 pm already and I already hit the targets 200% (this means that I don't neglect my tasks and work responsibility) 
3) Employees have their own version of their productivity strategy and using it doesn't mean that I am not productive

Okay enough with the explanation. After exactly one year (I reported as an agent in Corner Office last Sept. 6, 2014), I will be moving to Deira office this coming Sept. 5, 2015. 


At first, I was sad and upset of course. The market is already here. I am (at least) stable with my humble accounts/clients. People knew me already in this area and clients were coming back for me with their own reasons and judgments.

After a whole day of sleeping and meditating, I get a grip on my composure. I found myself excited for this new chapter of my life. My soon to be office is a challenge to me. New environment means new colleagues to work out with. New boss. New clients. New strategies. New lessons. New leap of faith. 

And all these new things mean one thing. Getting out of my comfort zone. 


I am excited as to what person will I be after 12 more months. Hoping for an exciting year for my career! See you around in Al Ghurair Center! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...