THE 6,500 AED WAS GONE

I received an inquiry regarding tickets for their crew (seafarer) to be exact. It is a good account for me and I am receiving a lot of inquiries from them since ages ago and I want to achieve at least one transaction with them.

Yesterday, they agreed to the quotation I offered. It was a business class seats with Fly Dubai for two and two promotional tickets with Etihad Airways for two. For some, it may sound that this transaction is just a small amount but to me, gaining their trust is more fulfilling.

Finally, they closed the deal but their mode of payment is thru a dated cheque. We issued the tickets yesterday but the payment will be paid today.

The day has come for the payment. But, by 12 noon, they called us and they are telling us that the passengers cannot take those flight because the vessel will not arrive on time. Both the on signers and off signers have to wait for more time and of course, the flight will be missed. It left us to our options: which is to re-book the flight or to cancel the flight.

As per Etihad Airways, it is re-bookable but non-refundable. The problem is, the re-booking charges costs 865 AED while the tickets they purchased costs 700 AED only. Imagine the madness of their boss when they received this reply from me! Of course they don't want to re-book it and since it is non-refundable, they advised us to cancel it and forget about that damn tickets.

As per Fly Dubai, they told us that the tickets are re-bookable and refundable (yes finally!).... but it must be done 24 hours prior to departure (local) time. But it is already noon time.. and the flight is for tomorrow at 5 in the morning (India Time). As you can see, it is less than 24 hours prior to departure time.

What will you expect? The boss went nuts!

As swift as a blink of an eye, the tickets must still be paid even if they cannot use the tickets anymore. That's how you lose 6,500 AED in a day.

RULE TO BE LEARNED: Before closing the deal, make sure they signed (after you let them read) the ticket rules for you to be on the safe side.

 P.S. Of course I feel bad as well. In some point, I feel guilty. I thought that maybe I have mistakes as well. But.. Anyway, I just really feel bad because what if those 6,500 will be deducted from the guy who was tasked to book the tickets? Right? I know how it feels....I've been there.

And again, that's how you lose 6,500 AED in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...