MR. LAD FROM THE LAND DOWN UNDER

One Friday night last month, I am planning to stay in since I already went to party on Thursday night with my CS friends and our guest/friend, Felix from Germany. However, Felix, will be leaving on Saturday afternoon, heading to Philippines, and he insisted that I should go out and party. He told me we should ‘finish what we started’.

I am not in a good mood that day. I was so jealous of the other group who went to the Yacht Party. But there's no point of my tantrums, so I decided to go. We went to Pacha first but they didn’t let us in because some of us wore casual attire ONLY. It’s our bad we didn’t checked the dress code before coming. So we end up in Barasti… again. 

Our friend from Couchsurfing, Alfredo, came to Barasti with a friend. I didn’t noticed him when he was introduced, because my mind is out of nowhere. After quite some time, 3 hours (or less), I had a chance to meet and talk to this guy. He sounds so interesting. Or I found him interesting. At that moment, I knew I had to do something, I have to get in touch with him. So I asked how can I reach him? Facebook. Of course (because I am too shy to ask for his number/WhatsApp!). I told him my phone died (which is true) and he's happy to send me a friend request. 

The next day, I did the first move. Send a message: a thank you note with this and that. It took me so long to hit the send button because I was pondering if my grammar was correct or do I sound so clingy already or something. After sending the message, I literally waited for his reply. As far as I can remember, he didn't respond back SOONER. But he did! Thank goodness! Because if he didn't, I must have been long dead with embarrassment. Hahaha!

We talked a few times after that night. And it just became more often. And a habit for me *winks*.
We probably talked about all things. From our personal information, career background, origin of families, culture of our (two different) countries, passion, hobbies, relationships, travel preferences, couchsurfing experiences, friends, etc.

There's something with Mr. Lad from the land down under. I thought he's just another guy who will be a guy friend from another hometown. But it seems to me that when we talk, we are more likely one person separated into two. There are no dull moments. No dead air.. (YET - I hope this doesn't end!)..

We both agree that we just clicked. We both believe that sometimes talking to other person seems to be a struggle, but between us, it's effortless.

It's funny that I get too giddy whenever he will send me pictures and his selfies. I get too giddy and happy whenever I received any messages from him. When I have bad days, he asks me if (him) sending a picture to me will cheer me up? And of course, it will.

I feel like I am being a teenager again. The giddiness and simple happiness he can bring. The flow. I liked it. I am contented. But, I feel scared sometimes. Maybe it's just me who can feel this thing. Or maybe I am just giddy because this (chatting) is the only thing that we have? Like we don't get to know about one another personally?

Since we are both living in a different land, I don't know.

I'll find out TOMORROW. He's in London right now and he'll be arriving in Dubai tomorrow morning.

I will be meeting him tomorrow night. I feel nervous. Tensed. Nervous. Tensed.
I am excited of course. I want to know if this giddiness out of me is real. And let's see how it goes.



DISCLAIMER: I am happy being friends with him. But I think I like him in some ways he can't understand. I hope he's not reading this!

I'll keep you posted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...