Picking up where I left...

Days are passing by. That's what I know for sure. Waking up one day and trying to be a better person. Do my job. Love harder. Pursue bigger dreams..

All of a sudden, a year has passed already! I didn't noticed that days were so fast and I didn't noticed it (well not really hehee of course I noticed it lol). A lot of things happened and changed within that one year.

Looking back at my last post, I was there at that phase of my life where I am stuck with a toxic career and environment. Thank God I managed to get out alive and strong!

At this moment, I am happy and blessed to share some of the blessings (changes) that I had within that one year..

1) Career - After all the struggles, a better one came along and I am so blessed! I am so proud to join Lushescapes - a boutique luxury travel company based in JLT. I have two days for the weekend and I get to enjoy all the public holidays as well as good office schedule of 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (well I do overtime quite some time haha!) and a well maintained office with a stunning view of Dubai Marina side. Apart from that, I enjoy how I continue to learn every single day. My boss and my manager always push my boundaries to learn and grow more than yesterday. Learning opportunities and career growth are always being fed not only to me but to all of us. I am definitely the happiest!

View from our office - no filter used

2) Second Home - I changed flat twice within the year. First, I moved to Burjuman around May 2016 and met these beautiful girlfriends that I will forever treasure. There are rough days where I would hate our times of teasing and bullying. But we shouldn't be serious everyday right? Most of the time, I love them. They helped me go out my ultra comfort zone which is my bed! Hahaha! I am not joking! Whenever I feel bad or sad, I would stay in bed the whole day and they would literally drag me to get up. Or they would climb up to me and approach me with wide arms open.

Burjuman Girls: Ate Cory, Ate Rochelle (yes we have the same name), Lhei, Tracy, Ate Tin, ME, Aubrey and Ginny
Insert Pearl - missing in action 
Now, I am staying in Dubai Marina (don't get the wrong idea, Iam just renting a bedspace here and it's the cheapest we found!). We are 5 girls in total as of the moment and we usually have our own routine. They would go out with their own schedule, so most of the time, I am alone in the flat doing my own thing. This is what I love the most. I have lots and lots and lots of time for myself. I am starting to pick up all the stuff I wasn't able to finish like books (mostly self help for spirituality and finance books)

3) Mountains - After a two year break (rest) from hiking, I got the chance to do it again with Filipino Mountaineering Federation, also known as F.M.F. in Ras Al Khaimah. They usually organize public hiking events and it is open to all and definitely free! Yes it is absolutely free. If there's a need to rent a coaster bus for big numbers, that's the only time you will have to share some dirhams. And that's just for contribution of the coaster rental. It is equally divided to all as well. So no need to worry!

At Wadi Shah
FMF: Filipino Mountaineering Federation

4) Financial Freedom Journey - Before I left the Philippines, I am already reading a lot of stuff about Financial Literacy. And I know that one day, I will reach that Financial Freedom! But of course, the journey is not a straight line. There were times that we need to borrow money because we don't have emergency funds. There are also times that we need to relieve hunger because the salary is delayed (this happens when we relay too much from our paychecks).

I AM NOT THERE. But! I've had some progress! Each stepping stone achieved is worth celebrating! Some of the stepping stones along my journey are as follows:

*Debt Free - Me and my mom is free of debt after my dad left us with no such emergency funds.

*Small Sari-sari Store - After we finished paying our debts, we managed to put up a small grocery/retail store in front of our house. The sari-sari store serves as our bridges when there is a delay from my salary (because I still depend on it) and it made my mom busy in a good way.

*More time to STUDY - Since I get so much time off in this new company, I have read more books (than what I read in the past two years) and I have managed to read some podcasts and seminars online.

*Truly Rich Club Membership - I have joined this club because it suits my taste. I can do my studying at my own pace. No pressure of commitments for classes. The club itself didn't made me feel that I had such an obligation (attending classes) and instead, it is there waiting for your inner self to study out of your motivation.
Your first step starts here!

*COL Financial - I met COL Financial when I was still in College. And I just opened an account just this month. Crazy right? My account has been activated and I have transferred the account already! Yay! After a long time of waiting, I jumped in! It's better late than never right?

I wish to say more about my Financial Journey because we're not OFW's just to work and spend money like there's no tomorrow right? Don't worry, I will post another one soon so that both YOU and I will reach that Financial Freedom.

See you next post!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...