DESERT SAFARI

My birthday was already a week ago but I am still receiving birthday greetings, let alone another birthday present! Yes! Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me for a desert safari as a birthday present for me! Woooh! I couldn't be more happier since desert safari is a must in Dubai. I don't usually follow the everyone's flow, but at least let me try it. No one know when can I get another chance right?

My friend booked it with Happy Tours (online) but I haven't asked how much it is. They picked us up in Spinney's - Burjuman via a coaster ride. We picked others in Lulu Hypermarket in Al Barsha as well. The trip from Al Barsha to the Desert is roughly another 30-45 minutes. I couldn't figure out the exact location of the camp but I saw (from the signs) that it is near Al Awir. The camp says it is 'Marjan Tourism'.

Sunset X Sands
We had Dune Bashing from the main road to the camp. I heard from others that the drivers were good and it was smooth. When I heard that, I thought you will get the feeling of a sailing ship. The feeling of stomachs churning from the adventure and from the sway of the vehicle. But since every company differs from one another, I must say that my experience is really different from their stories. The Dune Bashing was kinda rough than I expected. The glide of the SUV into the sand was hard. There's a point where I thought we had an accident and I thought the windshield broke.

In the camp, there are lots of stuff you can do. Like a free camel ride.

How about camel for a pet for my next birthday wish list? Sounds a great idea!
You can ask their photographer to take a photo of you then you can buy the picture for 50 AED.

And a pose with the falcon.

He dug his claws in my head. Can't you see it hurts?
And a free henna tattoo. I wanted to have one ever since I arrived here in Dubai. There are lots of artists who can do it in the salon but I wouldn't pay for it (as of writing - maybe some day I will lol).

Henna artist from Lahore, Pakistan
And  'sand boarding'. I am not sure if I am just fat or if the spot is not the 'good spot' to try sand boarding. I am sure I am not that fat but I cannot do it properly!!!!

Do we look like we're fat? Not at all right?
There's a free shisha in one side and you can try the local dresses (which I forgot to do!) and some more stuff. Water is free but you can have other drinks. They also have alcohols and not just some alcohols but even beers from Philippines! They have Red Horse for 30 AED/can. Yes that's how expensive beer here in Dubai.

There are performers during dinner. There's the 'Tanura Show',  Fire dancing (that's what we call them in the Philippines and a Belly Dance. The dinner is buffet as well with options of salads, hummus, grilled meats, bread, biryani and a noodle dish which I don't know what it is called.

After dinner, they call it a day and they will bring you back to the coasters to bring you back in reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...