LITTLE OFFICE AROUND THE CORNER

I was told I will be transferred to Deira office last week but after a few days, the memo was put on hold due to some considerations I believe. Though I am not sure of the agenda of the considerations. Is it because of my performance? Or are they just waiting for the new employees so that they can set all the new office assignments?

Anyway, as of today, I am well adjusted to my new humble office here in Karama (except for a fact that this office doesn't have a water dispenser so I missed drinking coffee). So yes, good news! I am still in Karama and I don't need to take metro or bus unlike if I will be transferred to Deira. Though I hoped for a new environment, but I am still grateful for what I received in return.

I would like to share my few observations (this small office offers a good spot if you like watching people as a hobby which I do enjoy the most) and reflections for the past two days:

1) There's a lot of salons in this building (that's a fact) and the competition for them is really really high. For them to get customers, there are people downstairs giving flyers for their salons. And when I say they are giving flyers, it is the intense way of giving flyers I can say. That's their sole job, to give flyers. I have lots of thoughts about these people (good, bad, sad, etc.) and I am thinking of another post to be written specifically for them.

2) For the past few days, I complain a lot about my work and my salary but there are lots of people working in this building with worse conditions than mine. I just realized I forgot to be more grateful, more humble and more compassionate. And this office makes me remember those things all over again.

3) This small office receives fewer inquiries and that means I have to work my ass harder and wiser. I got scared sometimes that I might not hit the targets daily. So during the first two days, I tried my best to convince myself  that I will hit the target plus working my ass off and yes, I am hitting the targets (exceeding the margin even!). I just noticed that I am slowly coming back to my positive self and I am loving it!

With my pa-bebe look at the new office. ☺

Wish me good vibes and please always include me in your prayers. Have a great week!

P.S. I got SATURDAYS OFF as per the memo! I AM SO HAPPY! I hope they will not make any changes. I am looking forward to get a lot of chance to go out of Karama during these Saturdays off. See you around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...