¡FELIZ ANIVERSARIO!

Today marks the exact date of my first flight of my life. Since I've never flown out of Luzon, let alone a flight going out of the country, I can never forget the first flight of my life which is via Philippine Airlines, Flight PR 2658 bound to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

As I look back, I cannot imagine how big the change was. I cannot fathom all the things happened in my life, may it be positive.. and negative. I am a total different stranger from the person I used to know, a year ago.

Let me share some of the highlights of my journey:

CAREER 
I am working in a small company with strict compliance of rules and policies (well every company does). But my friends are telling me that I am working with the Mafia (as to Dubai Standards'). I have one day off and that is Tuesdays alone for the whole year. No holidays. No sick leave. (Though they granted me an emergency leave last May).

Some of you may ask, did I regret working with them? Do I hate them? No. Because....

I did had an opportunity to work in that field. Working in a travel agency gave me an opportunity to see the world in a way that no flight was done, yet. I am grateful to gain an access in Amadeus (and learned it by heart, as well as be trained in their office), Galileo, and TACentre. I learned a lot about airline rules, ticket rules, visa restrictions, labor laws, destinations management/familiarity, and many more.



I can go on and count all the negative things about my company, but the list of  the positive things that I learned in this job is a treasure. No one can take away the values and work abilities that I learned. One example is working under high pressure while trying to reach sales quota...daily. Every day, it is back to zero.Another thing is maintaining my patience and being calm whenever a passenger is too stupid/boastful/rude/ungrateful of their requests, favors and question. 

SOCIAL LIFE
Social life. Hard. Especially when your day involves on waking up, taking a bath, going to office, go home and sleep. I find it difficult to make friends outside my 'work' life. So I made my way to get to know other people and to build friendship. Of course, not everyone is meant to stay in your life. And I am not perfect and I know that I screwed up a lot of times. To those whom I hurt (unintentionally or just out of stupidity), I am really sorry. To those who stayed and motivated me to become a better, wiser and stronger person, thank you so much! I love you to the bones!

Couchsurfing. I used this site two years ago but I didn't took it seriously. This year, I tried it with all my heart and I tried to be active as much as possible. I gained friends that I cannot imagine I will gain in a short period of time. I am so happy to meet the members I surfed with, the travelers who visited Dubai, to those who hosted me (in different ways) and to my new set of friends. 


Iftar, Ramadan 2015 
Thursday Night in Barasti
First friend in CS, Wonsik from South Korea 
Rupok from BG, Sam from AU, Me, Vianca and Fredo from PH
With Yani from PH and Felix from DE
With Yuta from JP, Jeff from PH and Angel from ES

Love life. Well, this is not my priority in life. I am pretty happy being single. I can't handle myself properly, let alone taking another human being as my responsibility. Unfortunately, for the past 12 months, I met two guys whom I liked, cool and funny to be with, independent, etc. But sad to say, they just broke my heart in some ways. Take note, they weren't my boyfriend. I REPEAT: THEY WEREN'T MY BOYFRIEND. THEY AREN'T MINE. Okay? Clear? Si?

Bottom line: Thanks for the experience. You were such a good person in your own ways. I've known myself better through you, I've learned something, and I grow. But I think I am better without you. See you around. :')

P.S. I am satisfied with my current crush (okay teenager feels!) *winks winks*. 

FAMILY
A year ago, I left our small humble home full of dreams and hopes for my mom and dad. Growing up in a not so blessed (in terms of finance, but I am so grateful that I was able to finish my college degree) family motivates me to pursue my dreams and my dreams for them. But it seems to me that life is really pushing me to my limit. I can say that life is pretty unfair. Just after 8 months since I left, my dad passed away. He left. He left me. He's gone.....

I would like to say that everything is okay. That I can still go on like what am I before. But I would be lying when I say that. A part of me has died. A part of me was gone.

When I am at work, I was like in an ON mode.. Back in the normal days and doing my best in work.
But when I'm not, I turn into my OFF mode. Nursing myself with sadness or eating or crying. There are people who's very good at coping with loss, and I can say that I am. Daddy's girl eh, you know?

~

It's been a rough and a bumpy ride for me. 
I grew and learned a lot that I will treasure forever.
My faith was stronger. God revealed Himself to me once more that His love and kindness reigns over my failures, mistakes, and sins.  
And I become wiser and bolder. Let's talk about the version 2.0.



The world is ahead of me... and I am taking the challenge. Bring it on for Round 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...