Looking back at my broken heart...

Really, where do broken hearts go?

Where were you when you got your heart broken? Baguio? Sagada? Manila?

Where was I that time someone broke my heart?

During that time, it was my birth month. 15 days before my birth date, I think. 16 months ago, someone broke my heart. I am not washing my hands nor blaming him. I have my own shortcomings too.

Bottom line: We parted ways. I didn't wait for some force that you cannot see to pull us back together. Because I know it's over.

It's the saying that, if he doesn't love you anymore, he doesn't love you anymore.  Simple.

So where was I that time?
I didn't linger around Manila. I wasn't in Baguio. I didn't screamed at the top of Mt. Kiltepan.

I was in Bokod, Benguet. I saved all the money that I could during those last days of the semester. Packed some clothes and bought camping gears. And have my way to Benguet.

I gathered all my thoughts and my energy to stay awake during the long drive from South to North.
I love long drives. Especially the drive to North. I felt like North is my second home.


From Baguio to Benguet, I embraced the wind, the sun, my windbreaker and my backpack.
Gathering my thought as we climb higher and higher, I had a lot of time to think. To freshen up. To be renewed.



I went to climb Mt. Pulag. With my broken heart. To see the most beautiful sunrise.

SUNRISE. 

I was mesmerized with its beauty. I didn't even dare to ask how am I not a morning person.
Its beauty is so powerful. Magnificent. That's the only word I could muster.


After seeing the most beautiful sunrise, I believe God tells me His beautiful message for me. 

                                                                                                                                                                 
And I whisper back, "Thank You Lord for the healing."

And truly I was healed. My broken heart found her way home to Laguna with a renewed soul and spirit.... Hoping that her heart will never get broken again.  

As I look back, a wonderful breakthrough happened. Career. Family. Friends. Spirituality. If ever I will choose a way how to get that victory on a second chance, I would've still chosen the same path. Sunset.... then sunrise. ❤


                                              





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...