FILM REVIEW: THAT THING CALLED TADHANA



A Filipino Independent 'Romantic-Comedy' yet Minimalist Film starring Angelica Panganiban (Mace) and JM De Guzman (Anthony) directed by acclaimed rookie director Antoinette Jadaone.

The story rotates on finding an answer to the question "Where do broken hearts go?"and tells the story of Mace, struggling to meet the airline baggage requirement who meets a man, Anthony, who comes to her aid. Both in despair of love, where do broken hearts go to mend their hearts?

REVIEW:


Characters/Casting:
On Angelica Panganiban - She is not the girl next door type whom every girl can relate to. Her looks depicts different a different class, like the lady with a class type.Her script 'Am I ugly?' doesn't suit her. Though I believe that this film is a good learning platform for her. As I reviewed her journey during the film, she devoted her time to fit in Mace's shoes. I appreciate her effort for trying.
On JM De Guzman - He's the boy next door! The next big John Lloyd Cruz of the new generation. The one whom you think will not hurt you rather the one who will cry for you. I want more of his acting skills in this film! Bitin!


Setting:
I am not satisfied. There are lots of picturesque places in Baguio. From what I heard/see in the social media, a lot of people wants to go to Baguio and Sagada because of this film. So, I thought the views are stunning. But it was so short. They've just showed Mt. Kiltepan. Sagada has more to offer. I know it's just indie film so the budget is kinda tight, but we all know that travelling in North can not be not that expensive.

Plot:
Well since it's a minimalist plot, it's okay. Not more than that. I just hoped that the team behind this film can do something like the 'Before' Trilogy. Not a bad idea right?

Screen writing:
Mixed emotions. I love the ad-lib of the two. Though the 'hugot' lines, I want more. I crave for more. The lines seems so subtle for me. There are more painful words thrown in this world than these lines. There are more break-up scenes that will make your heart cringe in despair. You know that.

But we cannot disagree to the fact that some 'hugot' lines are relate-able.  Still, I see a lot of room for improvement.

Cinematography:
High Definition, yes. Average.

Sub-titles: 
What the fuck? Use more appropriate terms next time.

FINAL VERDICT: 


1 comment:

  1. Great review ....
    would like to see that film as eventually everyone what to have answer to that one thing "where do broken hearts go??"

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...