AT THE TOP: BURJ KHALIFA

Dubai holds a lot of the 'est' when it comes to infrastructures. Biggest, largest, tallest. And sure, the tallest building of the world is here. And that's Burj Khalifa.

Photo source
Burj Khalifa, tallest artificial structure in the world, stands at 2,722 ft. When I heard that, I was like, 'Oh, it's just another building.' And even when I see it every day, it looks like an ordinary building to me.

Until... I've experience the 'At the Top' last Saturday with a CS friend, Lukas, from CZ.

Tickets can be bought at the counter but like what we do, we booked it online thru the site itself. The cheapest tickets (for Level 124) costs 125 AED. Availability depends on your preferred time of visit. We prefer to be there by 4:30 pm so we could watch sunset as well.

Overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road and Old Dubai
(Copyright photo by Lukas Winter)
Level 124 has a 360-degree view of Dubai. You can see the old part of Dubai (Old Dubai) and the Sheikh Zayed Road and of course the rest of the new part of Dubai (New Dubai). The World (artificial islands), Burj Al Arab, and the Dubai Marina can be seen as well but of course, from the distance.


Everyone seems to wait for the magic hour but I cannot say that Dubai nor At The Top is the best spot to watch sunset. No one can tell if the sun really set already because you cannot see it clearly. But as far as I know, magic hour is still the magic hour.

Business Bay view / Burj Al Arab - Marina is on this side
(Copyright photo by Lukas Winter)



They are selling souvenirs as well from ref magnets, planners, mugs, and of course the miniature figures of the Burj Khalifa. But since I am a sucker for ref magnets, that's the thing I bought.

Ref magnet for 15 AED
It was a wonderful day for me. Not only the building nor the view amazed me but I cannot hide the fact that I was so inspired by the passion of those people behind the iconic tower. They are wearing the pride of success in their sleeves. It was not built by the locals/Emiratis alone, but it was built by a lot of nations, who worked as one for one goal. And that is what you call TEAMWORK.

I admire the building itself. But most of all, it made me love Dubai.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

NEW YEAR, NEW ME, NEW GOALS

Happy New Year!  It's the time of the year where everything is fresh and new! Last year might not be one of the best years of my life...